We get Dell laptops and computers in for repair on a daily basis here at Absolute Computers.
Dell Laptop repairs:
Dell Laptops come in with a variety of issues. Every time we get a Dell laptop in for repair we perform a completely free diagnostic and provide a completely free quote. Some of these issues include:
- Cracked LCDs. Dell LCD screens are relatively easy to replace. While they come in a huge variety of sizes and resolutions, many, if they must be purchased brand new are under $200, but the prices are all over. Many are even cheaper than that. A few cost a little more.
- Hinge issues. Inspiron units especially seem to come in with a lot of hinge issues. This can mean replacing the hinges, or the lid as well if needed. The problem varies from model to model. After we see it we can tell you precisely what needs to be done. Sometimes screws just need to be tightened, sometimes new hinges need to be ordered, sometimes the base assembly is damaged, we just never know until our technicians check it out.
- Power Jack Repairs. We get Dell laptops in for power jack repairs on a daily basis and have for over a decade now. This is a flat rate repair. As of August 2014 the price is $149 but please call to let us know your model. This usually involves delicate soldering although some models are more complex than others.
- Keyboard Replacements. Missing keys? Spill the milk? Don’t cry about it, bring it in and get it fixed. 🙂
- Graphics issues. Some Dell laptops have dedicated graphics cards. Other Dell laptops have integrated GPUs. We get a lot of Dell laptops in for repair which have graphics issues.
- Hard Drive Problems. Sometimes Dell laptops will not boot up correctly. This can be due to a damaged hard drive or simply due to a virus or some missing files. Many hard drives have a 3 – 5 year warranty. OEM drives, or drives sold directly from the manufacturer (like Seagate) to the assembler (Dell) do not have any warranty other than the warranty provided from Dell to you. This means most hard drive in Dell computers are out of warranty after 6 – 12 months.
- Bad memory. Lots of RAM has a lifetime warranty, but, as with the hard drives, the OEM memory found in Dell computers has no warranty with the manufacturer. Dell computers that come in for repair can have memory failures.
- Bad Motherboards. All computers get bad motherboards. When we get a Dell unit in that needs a motherboard we can usually locate the replacement board, even if Dell does no have it in stock. Not all Dell motherboards are available. Dell motherboards are usually proprietary, meaning a standard motherboard will not be compatible with the computer.
- Defective AC adapters. Just like the motherboards, most Dell computers take a unique AC adapter. We carry almost all of these in stock. We do NOT sell generic, aftermarket, universal AC adapters, as we have seen these damage computers hundreds of times.
- Virus Removal. All computers get viruses.
These are just a few of the things we run into when repairing Dell computers. If your PC is acting up just bring it on by for a free diagnostic. No strings attached- we’ll check it out and let you know what is going on with it and what it would take to repair it.