Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 machines have been coming for over a year now. We have had the opportunity to solve a variety of issues and perform several repairs on machines running these Microsoft Operating Systems.
Common Windows 8 Problems:
There are a variety of issues that can arise from Windows 8. Some are hardware related, some are software. When performing diagnostics the first thing we try to determine is if the problem is hardware or software related. A hardware problem means that a memory chip is going bad, that a hard drive has bad sectors, that a fan is running too hot, etc. A software issue is anything other than a hardware problem. Sometimes errors in Windows can look like a software problem but be a hardware problem.
Common Windows 8 errors include:
- BSOD – Blue Screen of Death
- Explorer Crash – When you have this issue you might receive an error message that says “Explorer has stopped working”. This is not Internet Explorer- this is Explorer, a critical component to the Windows OS.
- Windows Backup Errors
- USB Errors
- Computer losing Wireless Access
- Computer does not come out of sleep mode.
- Black screen /. Blank screen at boot up
- Slow, sluggish performance
- Viruses and Malware
Getting Windows 8 Repaired
If you are experiencing any of the issues above or a separate error feel free to give us a call or drop your machine off for a free evaluation. We will be happy to tell you precisely what is wrong with it before performing any work on the machine. It is completely free for us to take our initial look at the unit.